Thursday, November 4, 2010

Of new rules and grognards

I am just at the moment familiarising myself with Triple Ace Games/Cubicle 7's All for One: Régime Diabolique RPG, with a view to running a game for my gaming group.  All for One uses Exile Game Studio's Ubiquity system, which looks good on paper, but I've never played Hollow Earth Expedition (though I've heard a lot of great things about it, and I promise I'll get around to it sometime), and every plan fails on contact with the players.  

In the last couple of years Savage Worlds has become a default system for the group, and a few of the guys can be a bit hidebound when it comes to trying new rules-sets (I've run RTT, RuneQuest, True 20, Summerland and Trail of Cthulhu games over the last three years with varying degrees of failure).

So I'm looking for two things; I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on the Ubiquity system - how it plays, what tweaks or house rules they introduced, stuff like that.  I'm also keen to hear any advice on offer for getting grognards to try new things (games written in the last fifteen years, for example).  Post your thoughts here and maybe wwe'll get a discussion happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment