Saturday, May 29, 2010

Haiku Status Update - 29 May 2010

-----
The sky is crying
The streets are full of tears
(Thank you, Mark Knopfler)
-----

No really, it's coming down pretty heavily, on and off.  What really annoys me is we don't see to get intermediate seasons anymore.  It just goes straight from 28°C late-summer sunshine weather to misirable damp 12°-tops rainy afternoons in the space of ten or twelve days. 

I miss the blowy, leaf-churning autumnal afternoons with shafts of brilliant sunshine piercing the high clouds, turning everything from rust and grey to gold.  I miss seeing the slow transition play out from winter coats and long boots to to sun-dresses and sandals.

But I think I miss the food most of all.  It's been so long since we had a true Autumn or Spring in Adelaide that I can't even rem,eber what we used to eat in the months between soup- and salad-weather.  But I'm sure it was delicious.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment