Monday, May 31, 2010

Haiku Status Uptade - 31 May 2010

-----
windy street corner -
angry old woman cursing
the passing of youth
-----

I actually wrote this a number of years ago, but the inclement weather we've beeen experiencing brought it to mind.  A couple of days ago the wind was so bad that the rain blew in underneath your umbrella no matter which way you held it.  At an intersection I saw an old woman struggling with her own shelter - one of those ones that fold up to a size that will fit in a handbag, trying to not let it blow inside out.  This was when a car drove passed and spashed a little water toward her.  I don't think the splash reached her, but I could faintly hear the stream of obscentities she hurled after the offending Mitsubishi. 

It made me grateful I didn't have to cross to her side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment