Sunday, May 30, 2010

Haiku Status Update - 30 May 2010

-----
A weekend closes
Another week opens. That's
What it's all about.
-----

Well, it's Sunday night.  I have work shirts to iron (I'm taking a few minutes out from that to write this), lunch to prepare.  Booking details to look up (for a couple of days in Melbourne in a few months). 

Slowly plowing through A Farewell to Arms (home) and The Golden Compass (travel).  My to-read pile is growing taller.  I have Generation A by Douglas Coupland to go on with next, as well as the second and third volumes of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass (all three in really nice Knopf paperback editions), and The Protector's War, the second volume in S.M. Stirling's adictive alternate future series, The Change (the first novel, Dies the Fire, I devoured in about a week-and-a-half - I'm not a particularly fast reader), as well as a mountain of RPG books.  I need to defrag my week to get more reading time, otherwise I'll never catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment